Stratford And Area Bed & Breakfast Association (SABBA)
SABBA hosts voluntarily adhere to Association quality standards that exceed local licensing requirements, and SABBA homes are regularly inspected to ensure these standards are maintained.
SABBA is the pre-eminent representative of independent bed and breakfast owners in Stratford and surrounding area. SABBA provides a supportive forum for its members and represents its members' interests to tourism, hospitality, business, governmental and regulatory agencies.
Membership is open to any B&B operator in the Stratford area who meets applicable licensing, fire, health and zoning requirements and who agrees to be bound by SABBA’s inspection guidelines, code of conduct and quality assurance standards.
SABBA is a member
of the Federation
of Ontario Bed and
County Visitors' Association.
Joan Ayton - Communications Director - [email protected]
Inquiries can also be directed to members of the SABBA Executive.
SABBA Code of Conduct
SABBA members shall at all times:
- Ensure high standards of courtesy, cleanliness and safety
- Provide guests with helpful information about the facilities, services and activities in Stratford and the surrounding area
- Accurately describe the facilities, amenities and services provided by their B&B, in all promotions, advertising, brochures or oral communication
- If requested, allow guests to see the accommodation before booking.
- Define exactly what is included in all prices quoted for accommodation, meals, refreshments, services and applicable taxes
- Define at time of booking, the reservation, confirmation, deposit, cancellation and refund policies of the B&B
- Deal promptly and courteously with all inquiries, requests, correspondence, reservations and complaints
SABBA members have agreed to adhere to the Code of Conduct and Standards of
the Association. However, SABBA accepts no liability whatsoever for members
adherence to these standards or for any service or safety provided or for any
changes in rates by any members to any guest at any host residence.
SABBA Quality Assurance Standards
Before a property is accepted as a full member, it is evaluated for physical
quality of the property, content of facilities, services and amenities provided.
All properties must also meet stringent cleanliness and state of repair guidelines.
Members will comply with these standards:
- Comply with applicable zoning, licensing, fire, health and building
- Provide adequate lighting at home entrance and ensure that access
- Provide adequate off-street parking space for each guest room as per
local parking bylaws.
- Ensure that the home is accessible to registered guests at all times.
- Have a published, reasonable deposit and cancellation policy.
- Provide accommodation, services and meals consistent with their own
- A high standard of cleanliness
- Friendly guidance and assistance to guests about local attractions
and places of interest
- Provisions for the safety protection of guests consistent with regulatory
- Provide a comfortable sitting area for guests in addition to their
- Provide access to a telephone.
- Have a first aid kit readily available
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- Quality furnishings and linens in guest rooms plus extra pillows and
- An adequate number of bath rooms, none shared with hosts, with quality
fixtures and sufficient hot and cold water supply for number of guests.
- Clean drinking glasses daily for each guest.
- Minimum toiletries provided, i.e. soap, shampoo, facial tissue.
- Adequate drawer space.
- Space to hang clothes.
- A mirror in each room.
- At least one chair or seat per bedroom.
- A wastepaper container.
- Window coverings for complete privacy.
- Ventilation with a window, air-conditioning, or ceiling fans.
- Adequate lighting.
- Complete privacy and security for guests while in their bedroom.
- Daily bedroom and bathroom refreshing i.e. make bed, vacuum/dust as
needed, empty waste baskets, refresh bathroom, replace used glasses
- A breakfast of consistently high quality, which is included in the
- Breakfast will be served in a comfortable dining area with adequate
seating for all guests
- Breakfast must be prepared in a clean and regularly sanitized area.
SABBA membership is open to any B&B operator in the Stratford area who meets applicable licensing, fire, health and zoning requirements and agrees to be bound by SABBA’s inspection guidelines, code of conduct and quality assurance standards.
SABBA provides the following resources and benefits to members:
- Listing on this Association web page and a listing (with link to your bbcanada.com page or other website if applicable)
- Guest referrals and assistance with booking conflicts
- Use of the SABBA designation
- SABBA-sponsored marketing initiatives including the Stratford Shakespearean Festival, the Stratford Tourism Alliance and the Perth County Visitors Association
- An opportunity to network, learn and benchmark in a friendly and social environment
- Regular meetings and forums for communication and information exchange
- Direct representation and advocacy with the Stratford Shakespearean Festival, City of
Stratford, the Stratford Tourism Alliance, the Stratford Partners in Accommodation, and the Perth County Visitors Association as well as liaison with other tourism, hospitality, business, governmental and regulatory agencies
Membership costs just $125.00 per
dues – tax deductible).
If you are operating or are in the process of establishing a bed & breakfast home in the Stratford area, you should be a SABBA member. Please contact us today, or speak to a member of the SABBA Executive.
SABBA Executive Directors
2013-2014 SABBA Executive